You wanna be a database development rockstar?
|So, you want to be a database developer rock star? I'm looking for the next big act, the person who can code like a rock star and knock off quality code and projects like a mad(wo)man.|
Are you smart? Do you like to get things done? Do you like to develop Oracle database code (PL/SQL, etc.). Do you want to be part of a team of folks who do in fact care about one another? Do you want to learn new technologies like Kettle, DataFlux, Oracle APEX. Do you want to firm up your knowledge on the "old school" stuff like SQL, regular expressions, shell scripts and PL/SQL?
Below are the particulars or the "formal" posting, reach out my way if you or anyone you know is interested.
Until next time...Rich
We have an immediate opening for a Database Developer to help design, build and maintain Oracle database systems. The person filling the position must have advanced Oracle PL/SQL skills in order to develop database programs and stored procedures, and tune SQL or PL/SQL to maximize efficiency. Other skills require the ability to transfer source data through various ETL tools into the Oracle database system. We are looking for a team player who can understand design concepts, build the database structure, and then develop and maintain the database application system.
Applicants must be a US Citizen with an existing government clearance or willing/able to obtain government clearance.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical degree.
- Experience working and collaborating in a team environment with minimal supervision, and follow predetermined guidelines.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to comprehend database methodologies
- At least 10 years of development experience with at least 5 years of experience with Oracle PL/SQL.
- A thorough understanding of Oracle 10GR2 features pertaining to Oracle development and SQL tuning. Knowledge of Oracle 11G and database administration would be helpful.
- Experience including design and implementation of new databases from conceptual models [whiteboard/visio] to Logical Models to Physical models [ERWin] deployed in Oracle.
- Experience with various ETL tools and methods of transferring data.
- Skills using ERWin, SQLDeveloper and/or SQLPlus
- An Understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems and shell scripting.
- Excellent written and oral skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- The ability to communicate in technical and non-technical terminology.
The company is located in Annapolis Maryland and the candidate must be in the office five days a week. This is a company position for support of a government contract to design, build and maintain a database system. The position requires minimal to no travel.
Anyone out there interested please send resumes and short cover letters to rich @ SQLQuery dot COM.